Do you want to find the perfect online English teaching role?
When I first began looking for an online English teaching job in early 2020, I was overwhelmed by information. Much of it was unreliable and not applicable for Australians or New Zealanders.
- There are 450+ online English teaching companies and marketplaces around the world;
- Jobs range from $5AUD to ~$100AUD/hr+ and it is not always easy to find out how much each company offers as rates are a complex equation of bonuses and penalties;
- More than 65% of companies only hire teachers from the USA, Canada or the UK, so rarely advertise ‘down under’;
- Many companies offer teachers a fee to recruit others, so it is not always clear if teachers are being honest. There are also few forums for teachers to leave feedback about companies – especially negative feedback.
Kate Zarb, (GradCertEd TESOL)
Founder, Teach English Online (Australia & New Zealand)
10+ years in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
Do you want to find a job that fits into your lifestyle?
- No university degree or new to teaching?
- Do you need to know the peak working hours and time zones to fit into your schedule?
- Do you want to know the exact hourly rate?
- Want to teach adults, children or teens?
- Prefer one-on-one classes or groups?
Do you want current and impartial information?
- I have no vested interest other than to provide the best current information for current or aspiring online English teachers from Australia and New Zealand.
- I am in regular contact with teachers who work for many of these companies, speaking with new teachers and actively seeking new information on a weekly basis.
- When companies go on a ‘hiring freeze’, they are hidden on the list until they resume.
Companies currently listed in the following countries:
Albania; Canada; China; France; Germany; Hong Kong; India; Indonesia; Iran; Japan; Macau; Malaysia; Poland; Russia; South Korea; Singapore; Spain; Switzerland; Taiwan; Ukraine; UK; USA
What's on the Teach English online jobs list...
- Hourly rates (minimum and maximum range – pro rata) in AUD and NZD; (The average rate is $24AUD/$26NZD up to $100AUD/$109NZD NOT including superannuation or taxes);
- Bonuses (where applicable);
- Minimum hourly requirements (e.g: min. 2/hrs per week);
- Peak booking hours (with time zones);
- Class length (X minutes per class);
- Class size (number of students);
- Student ages;
- Contract length;
- TESOL/TEFL qualification requirements;
- Experience requirements (in years);
- Education requirement (University degree required or not);
- Teaching material provided or required;
- Country of company/location of students;
- Payment methods (PayPal, Payoneer, Direct Deposit etc.);
- Leave (time off) requirements;
- Internet speed requirements;
- Platform information (Zoom, In-house, etc.);
- OS – Additional information for dual citizens (Hiring policies for UK, US, Canadian, and South African citizens);
- Notes on job and company specifics;
- Information regarding specialist positions – including Cambridge exams, IELTS, Business English, etc.
NOTE: In August of 2021, the Chinese Government passed new legislation banning the hiring of ‘foreign’ teachers (who are not located on the Chinese mainland) for online English classes to children. Our list has been modified and only positions teaching Chinese adults are currently listed. We have also increased the number of positions based elsewhere.
For about the price of one hour of work (or less).
Make your money back immediately and potentially 2x or 3x your hourly rate.
~15/50 jobs don’t require a university degree to apply.
~25/50 jobs are teaching adults exclusively.
~10/50 jobs are teaching children exclusively.
~15/50 jobs are mixed roles teaching adults, teens and/or children.
~15/50 jobs are with European companies/marketplaces.
~20/50 jobs are with Asian companies/marketplaces.
~15/50 jobs are with companies based in other regions.
~10/50 jobs also hire ‘non-native’ speakers.
Want to also do some online English tutoring to Australasian students?
FREE BONUS! Online English tutor jobs spreadsheet valued at $14.99.
List of Australasian companies that offer online English tutoring jobs domestically. Perfect if you want to teach Australasian students up to $100AUD/$104NZD/hr.
...but why should I pay for a job?
Maybe you’ve seen other free lists and information online and wonder why you should pay? That’s fair.
Almost all of the information regarding online English teaching jobs that you’ll find out there on the internet is sponsored or works on a referral basis – meaning, they get paid to recruit you.
This means that the information provided isn’t always transparent, as it is in a recruiter’s best interests to get you hired. Instead, we wanted to put the control back in your hands. We are not affiliated to any companies and provide 100% TRANSPARENT and up-to-date information (from a teacher’s perspective) so that you can find the best job that suits your needs. If a company stops hiring or we receive negative feedback about them – we remove them immediately.
You’ll avoid taking the lesser paid role you saw on a random forum and get access to the best, most up-to date information available anywhere. You’ll save yourself wasted time applying for companies you are not eligible for, or accepting an unsuitable job from one of the major companies, when a smaller and lessor known competitor is looking for your skills, specialisations and qualifications – but does not advertise widely. I assure you, this list the only one of its kind on the internet.
Paying for this list helps me to maintain and research the job market on an ongoing basis. It means that I can remove any companies that treat their teachers badly or don’t pay them without being concerned about having paid ties to them. I can list small, specialised companies for you without fear of them being inundated with unqualified applicants.
You will get LIFETIME access to a regularly updated Google Sheet.
Click on the included links to begin applying immediately.
Buy it now for only…
If you are not happy with the list, you can ask for a full refund within 7 days of the purchase date.
Am I guaranteed a job?
No, I cannot guarantee you a job, unfortunately.
This list provides you with the best, most recent info so you can maximise your chances.
Click here for how to make a great intro video and here for resume tips.
Can I get a refund?
Yes, if you are not happy with the list, you can ask for a full refund within 7 days of the purchase date
(minus any fees occurred in the transaction).
DISCLAIMER: I am not liable for any action that you take or outcomes that occur as a result of this list. The absence of negative reviews/first-hand accounts does not mean that international companies always act ethically or pay hourly rates commensurate with Australian guidelines. I AM NOT AN REPRESENTATIVE OR EMPLOYEE of any companies on the list.